Terms & Conditions of Locherlour Estates
Please read this carefully. When you book your holiday with us you are entering into a Contract which binds you and us in various ways. You will see we have clearly set out the booking conditions with a list of responsibilities and commitments we have towards each other.
1.Terms. All terms are per week (or part of) for the property as equipped and described. The usual time of take over is 4 pm (subject to unavoidable delays). You must leave your property by 10 am unless other arrangements are made. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition. You are responsible for any damage or loss sustained during your stay.
2. Booking Confirmation. A binding Contract between us will come into existence when we issue a receipt of the final payment by email.
The receipt of an on-line booking form and initial payment is treated as a firm booking and, if accepted, you become liable for the full balance of charges which are payable four weeks (eight weeks for Locherlour Mill) prior to the commencement date of the holiday. Non-payment of the balance of hire charges by the due date will result in the property being available for re-booking, with loss of our deposit
3. Number in your party. It is a condition of your booking that the total number in your party shall not exceed the capacity of the property as advertised. Babies under 2 are not normally counted as a member of your party. Cots and high chairs are available by prior arrangement.
4. Booking monies. When you book you must pay the applicable Initial Payment of 20%. This is a non-refundable deposit.
Your Balance Payment is due and payable by the date stated on your receipt of payment of the deposit. For bookings made within 4 weeks (8 weeks for Locherlour Mill) of your holiday start date you must pay the full monies when you make your booking. We reserve the right to pass on to you any bank charges and other costs we incur if payment is made in a foreign currency or by any other method not normally accepted by us or if wehave to re-present a cheque or process late payments.
Payments must be by Bank Transfer, cheque or international money order, debit or credit cards. Please note that credit card payments incur a 3% charge
5. Cancellation by you. Telephone immediately if you have to cancel your holiday. Then on the same day send us an email notifying us of the cancellation. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your email notification. Your cancellation will be acknowledged by us by return email.
If you cancel a confirmed booking your remain liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of email confirmation of the cancellation from you, we will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful will make a full refund to you less an administration fee of £60 and any other expenses incurred in re-letting.
6. Minors. We cannot accept bookings from anyone under 18 years of age.
7. Availability. Your booking will be accepted on the understanding that your confirmed property will be available for your use on the agreed date. Very occasionally “force majeure” does not make this possible. Where “force majeure” (as defined in clause 10) arises, we have the right to cancel your booking. In this event, we will endeavour to offer you an alternative property, if available. If we cannot do so or if you do not wish to accept the alternative we offer, we will refund all monies youhave paid to us in full. Where any cancellation or change results from “force majeure” as defined in clause 10, our liabilities are limited to offering you an alternative property (where available) or full refund as set out above. We regret we cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change.
We and our staff have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person (s) who, in our reasonable opinion is not suitable to take charge of it. In such cases, all hire charges paid will be refunded in full, the contract shall be terminated and neither we nor the owner will have any further liability.
If, in the reasonable opinion of ourselves and/or the owner(s), any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or danger or significant annoyance to others, the contract may be terminated, in which case neither we nor the owner will have any further liability. In this event, you will remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund shall be due.
8. Damage to the property.
The hirer shall also be liable to the owner for any damage caused to the property during the period of hire. We and our staff have the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if thisis not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
9. Group/party bookings.
The organiser or leader of a group or party booking is responsible for completing the party details on the on-line booking form. Should you arrive at your property with such a group without notifying us of the required details, we have the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to you. You will be asked to pay a security deposit of £500 in advance of your arrival, usually paid at the same time at the final balance, 2 months prior to arrival.
We cater primarily for family holidays. In some cases younger parties may not be permitted. Where this is the case, you will be informed at the time of booking and the restriction will be confirmed to you on your Booking Confirmation. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any booking request. You must inform us if your booking is a special occasion, such as a 40th or 50th birthday, we reserve the right to retain your deposit after your stay, if you have found not to inform us or if the maximum capacity of the Mill is exceeded without our prior permission. If you wish to have more that the maximum capacity of the Mill (20 people) during your stay, you must inform us in advance, and upon agreement of the extra numbers, you will be charged a £25 per night per person facility fee for every additional person at the Mill.
10. Security deposit. Prior to arrival you may be asked to hand over a security deposit which will be returned to you within 10 days, less any reasonable deductions for breakages, damage or unreasonable cleaning.
11. Force majeure. We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract withyou is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”
Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we or the owner(s) could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of the property (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard beforethe start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event beyond our orthe owner’s control. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity andall similar situations beyond our control.
12. Your Pets. No Pets are allowed in any of Locherlour Estates properties.
13. Your personal property and vehicles. Your personal property, vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk.We will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle orproperty from any cause whatsoever other than, in the case of the owner(s), thenegligence of him/herself or his/her employees or agents, or, in the case of the Owner(s) and/or Manager(s) the proven negligence of him/herself or his/her employees or agents.
This does not attempt to exclude negligence of breach of statutory duty.
14. Liability. Except where otherwise specified in these Conditions of Hire the Property Owners and managers, cannot accept liability for any damage, expense, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause whatsoever other than, in the case ofthe Owner(s) and/or Manager(s) the proven negligence of him/herself or his/her employees or agents.
15. Any shortcomings. You must notify any shortcomings withyour property to us immediately so that remedial action, if appropriate can be taken.
If a significant problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact us as soon as possible during your holiday.
For all complaints and claims which do not involve personal injury, illness or death, we regret that we cannot accept anyliability if you fail to notify the owner or his/her representative and ourselves of any complaint or claim during your holiday and write to us withfull details within 28 days of the end of your holiday.
Every effort is taken to avoid errors but we reserve the right to correct errors in confirmed and advertised prices. In the event of an error in a confirmed price we will contact you as soon as we become aware of the error. If the correct price is higher and you do not wishto pay this, you will be entitled to cancel and receive a full refund of allmonies you have paid to us providing you notify us within 14 days of our advising you of the error. We promise we will not seek to correct any error in a confirmed price within 8 weeks of the start of your holiday or more than 7 days after you make your booking.
16. Data Protection Policy. We will not pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your accommodation and travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. (If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons).
You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us. If you would like to see this please contact us.